Emmanuel Garbolino obtained a Master in Ecology and Palaeoecology at University of Aix-en-Provence / Marseille III (France) in 1998. He obtained a PhD diploma in 2001 at University of Nice - Sophia Antipolis (France) in Geography and an Accreditation to supervise research (HDR) delivered by University of Nice - Sophia Antipolis in 2009.
Actually, he works as an Assistant Professor at MINES ParisTech / PSL Research University, Centre for research on Risks and Crises - CRC. Its fields of expertise are :
- Geography of risks and Geoprospective
- Environment, Sustainable Development and Ecology
- Modelling of complex systems at risk
- Pedagogical engineering
Its researches are focussed on the definition and the development of methods, models and tools for decision support related to the following issues:
- Impact of climate change on ecosystems, ecosystems services and and societies (socio-ecosystems) at different spatio-temporal scales in order to identify the emergence of risk situations ;
- Vulnerability and resilience of territories and organizations to natural and anthropogenic hazards ;
- Assessment and prevention of technological and natural hazards, crisis management and damage assessment.